Today’s homebuyers are savvy and they know what they want. If you are looking to get top dollar or a quick sale you will want to make sure you home has what it takes to meet the high standards of today’s buyers.
Here are a few things that top buyer’s lists:
1. Smaller: Believe it or not buyers are purchasing smaller homes but that doesn’t mean they are sacrificing for smaller spaces. Open and flowing floor plans are big hits with buyers today.
2. Energy Efficient Appliances: Buyers know energy efficient appliances save money and they want them in the home they purchase.
3. Storage: Who doesn’t love storage? Built-ins, custom closets and shelving sells homes.
4. Outdoor living space: Living space on a deck or patio increase the square footage and usable space and buyers are looking for a private outdoor area to relax and entertain.
5. A kitchen with eating area: Kitchens sell homes. Buyers want a large kitchen with a designated eating area.
6. Home office: More and more people are working from home and need a place to work that is away from the hustle and bustle of the main living area.
Think about inventive ways to use space in your home to show a buyer that your home has everything they want. You may want to use a home stager to help you showcase these areas.